Martyn is a graduate in Spatial Planning and Environmental Management and a Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute with 9 years experience of strategic planning with local authorities. An Environmental Planner experienced in sustainable development and specialising in water resource and surface water management. Martyn has worked strategically at National, Regional and Local level including:
- Working with Defra and The Environment Agency as part of the National Steering Group for the introduction of Sustainable Drainage System (SuDS) legislation.
- Working with the Environment Agency and partners to develop Water Quality Guidance for Local Authority Officers.
- Developing the Worcestershire Local Flood Risk Management Strategy.
- Advising and commenting on Water Resource and SuDs matters for strategic infrastructure, economic and housing developments.
- Working with partner organisations including the Environment Agency, Natural England and Worcestershire Wildlife Trust on Green Infrastructure.